The Deliveroo engineering team blog
Only awesome code.
Debugging a proxy that functions perfectly over the public internet, but fails when inside our Amazon VPC. Or how a friendly man in the middle sent me down a rabbit hole.
How we migrated our Tier 1 service from ruby to rust and didn’t break production.
The requirements for fast and reliable data pipelines are growing quickly at Deliveroo as the business continues to grow and innovate. We have delivered an event streaming platform which gives strong guarantees on data quality, using Apache Kafka® and Protocol Buffers.
- How to debug memory usage of a JVM-based application
- Monte Carlo Power Analysis
- How to use Charles Proxy to rewrite HTTPS traffic for web applications
- How to Experiment Rapidly Without Losing Rigour
- Testing with Third Party Services in Go
- Building a Payments Lambda with Terraform
- Optimising a simple ActiveRecord query
- How to migrate your API and still be friends with your fellow client developers
- What does an Engineering Manager do at Deliveroo?
- Application Deployment at Deliveroo
- Migrating from Buddybuild to Bitrise
- Interning at Deliveroo
- How to introduce Kotlin in your codebase
- How do we interview engineers at Deliveroo?
- Reset, Rebase Workflow
- Tired of waiting for pull request reviews? Play Pull Request Roulette
- Improving Password Security