The Deliveroo engineering team blog
Only awesome code.
Kotlin was the big topic of the year in the Android community. Many of us are talking about it or have started using it. In this blog post I will share a few tips and tricks we’ve learned while converting our application to Kotlin.
Deliveroo is growing fast. We want engineers to come work with us. In this post we’ll go through our interview process and tips to prepare.
Rebase is one of git’s most powerful features. Most-commonly used to rewrite history by squashing related commits, and for keeping your branch up to date with master (without introducing unrelated merge commits), it can also facilitate some pretty clever workflow tricks which when used judiciously can let you factor out parts of your work into separate pull requests.
- Tired of waiting for pull request reviews? Play Pull Request Roulette
- Improving Password Security
- Determinating a Scavenger Hunt
- Data Sink
- How to un-rickroll yourself
- “I assess quality……therefore I am”
- Hackday and the £17 soda
- Every service is an island
- Scaling Rails 3.old
- Optimising Redis storage, part two
- What it’s like to be an Android developer at Deliveroo
- The Unbearable Rightness of Being Wrong (A Programmer's Guide to Sanity)
- What Makes a Good (Tech) Team Great
- Unicorn vs Puma: Rails server benchmarks
- Optimising session key storage in Redis
- Running A/B tests on our hosting infrastructure