The Deliveroo engineering team blog
Only awesome code.
At the start of the year Apple announced their acquisition of Buddybuild, along with the news that Android support would end by March. This meant we had to find an alternative quickly, and Bitrise was our eventual choice. Here’s why, and how we switched.
Reemma writes to us after her time working with Deliveroo during her internship to tell us about her impressions of the company, her team, and what she accomplished with us over the Summer.
Kotlin was the big topic of the year in the Android community. Many of us are talking about it or have started using it. In this blog post I will share a few tips and tricks we’ve learned while converting our application to Kotlin.
- Reset, Rebase Workflow
- Tired of waiting for pull request reviews? Play Pull Request Roulette
- Improving Password Security
- Determinating a Scavenger Hunt
- Data Sink
- How to un-rickroll yourself
- “I assess quality……therefore I am”
- Hackday and the £17 soda
- Every service is an island
- Scaling Rails 3.old
- Optimising Redis storage, part two
- What it’s like to be an Android developer at Deliveroo
- The Unbearable Rightness of Being Wrong (A Programmer's Guide to Sanity)
- What Makes a Good (Tech) Team Great
- Unicorn vs Puma: Rails server benchmarks
- Optimising session key storage in Redis
- Running A/B tests on our hosting infrastructure