The Deliveroo engineering team blog
Only awesome code.
How we migrated our Tier 1 service from ruby to rust and didn’t break production.
The requirements for fast and reliable data pipelines are growing quickly at Deliveroo as the business continues to grow and innovate. We have delivered an event streaming platform which gives strong guarantees on data quality, using Apache Kafka® and Protocol Buffers.
What do you do when your JVM-based application gets OOM killed or exhibits wild memory usage pattern? In this blog post, I will explore some tools and concepts we can use to start debugging this problem.
- Monte Carlo Power Analysis
- How to use Charles Proxy to rewrite HTTPS traffic for web applications
- How to Experiment Rapidly Without Losing Rigour
- Testing with Third Party Services in Go
- Building a Payments Lambda with Terraform
- Optimising a simple ActiveRecord query
- How to migrate your API and still be friends with your fellow client developers
- What does an Engineering Manager do at Deliveroo?
- Application Deployment at Deliveroo
- Migrating from Buddybuild to Bitrise
- Interning at Deliveroo
- How to introduce Kotlin in your codebase
- How do we interview engineers at Deliveroo?
- Reset, Rebase Workflow
- Tired of waiting for pull request reviews? Play Pull Request Roulette
- Improving Password Security
- Determinating a Scavenger Hunt