The Deliveroo engineering team blog
Only awesome code.
The Production Engineering team at Deliveroo look after hosting hundreds of services on AWS EC2 and ECS. Here, we take a high level look at how that’s done, and how we manage the process of updates and improvements to this system.
As engineers we love solving logical problems, building and fixing. But we also like to keep things simple, we often find there is already a solution built, but not in the language/format that we’d need.
Sometimes the way we approach a problem can influence greatly in the outcome. This guide will show you a quick workaround that will help in managing a CloudFormation stack with Terraform.
How Deliveroo uses the App Store Connect API to check if a new TestFlight build is available and prompt employees to install it.
- Where are they now?
- Testing Go services using interfaces
- Shipping Quickly with a Large Team
- Go down the rabbit hole
- Moving from Ruby to Rust
- Improving Stream Data Quality With Protobuf Schema Validation
- How to debug memory usage of a JVM-based application
- Monte Carlo Power Analysis
- How to use Charles Proxy to rewrite HTTPS traffic for web applications
- How to Experiment Rapidly Without Losing Rigour
- Testing with Third Party Services in Go
- Building a Payments Lambda with Terraform
- Optimising a simple ActiveRecord query
- How to migrate your API and still be friends with your fellow client developers